What is the purpose of a laser cutting machine? To understand this issue clearly, it is necessary to understand all knowledge of laser cutting machines. How to understand laser cutting machines? Let’s explain in detail the content related to laser cutting machines:
What is a laser cutting machine.
Laser cutting machine is an efficient metal material processing equipment. The principle is to focus the laser light emitted by the laser device into a high power density laser beam through an optical path system. The laser beam irradiates the surface of the workpiece to achieve a melting or boiling point, while a high-pressure gas coaxial with the beam blows away molten or vaporized metal. As the relative position of the beam and the workpiece moves, the material eventually forms slits, thereby achieving the purpose of cutting. The laser cutting process replaces traditional mechanical knives with an invisible beam of light. It has the characteristics of high accuracy, fast cutting speed, not limited to cutting patterns, automatic typesetting, material saving, flat cuts, and low processing costs. It will gradually improve or replace it. Traditional metal cutting equipment.
How to operate a laser cutting machine.
When a laser cutting machine is working, it is very dangerous if it fails. Novice must be trained by professionals to operate independently. Based on experience, 13 details of the safety work of laser cutting machines are summarized:.
1. Observe the general safety operation regulations for cutting machines. Strictly follow the laser startup procedure to start the laser.
Operators must undergo training, be familiar with the structure and performance of the equipment, and master relevant knowledge of the operating system.
Wear labor protective equipment as required, and wear protective glasses that meet regulations near the laser beam.
4. Do not process the material until it is clear whether it can be irradiated or heated with laser light, to avoid the potential danger of generating smoke and steam.
5. When the equipment is in operation, the operator shall not leave the post without authorization and shall not be supervised by others. When it is necessary to leave, the operator should stop or turn off the power switch.
6. Keep the fire extinguisher within reach. Turn off the laser or shutter when not processing. Do not place paper, cloth, or other flammable materials near unshielded laser beams.
7. If any abnormality is found during the processing, the machine shall be shut down immediately, and the fault shall be promptly eliminated or reported to the supervisor.
8. Keep the laser, bed, and surrounding areas clean, tidy, and free of oil stains. Workpieces, plates, and waste materials should be stacked according to regulations.
9. When using gas cylinders, avoid crushing the welding wires to avoid electric leakage accidents. The use and transportation of gas cylinders should comply with gas cylinder monitoring regulations. It is strictly prohibited to expose steel cylinders to sunlight or near heat sources. When opening the bottle valve, the operator must stand on the side of the bottle mouth.
10. Observe high voltage safety regulations during maintenance. Maintenance must be carried out in accordance with regulations and procedures every 40 hours of operation or every week, every 1000 hours of operation or every 6 months.
After starting the machine, manually start the machine tool at low speed in both X and Y directions and check for abnormalities.
12. After inputting a new workpiece program, first perform a trial run and check its operation.
13. During operation, pay attention to observing the operation of the machine tool to avoid accidents caused by the cutting machine exceeding the effective travel range or two collisions.
Features and advantages of laser cutting machines.
High precision: suitable for cutting precision accessories and fine cutting of various craft calligraphy and paintings.
2. Fast speed: 100 times faster than wire cutting.
3. The heat affected zone is small and not easy to deform. The cutting seam is smooth and beautiful, and no post processing is required.
High cost performance ratio: the price is only 1/3 of that of a CO2 laser cutting machine with the same performance, and 2/5 of that of a CNC punch with the same efficiency.
Extremely low cost of use: only 1/8-1/10 of similar CO2 laser cutting machines, with an hourly cost of only about 18 yuan, while the hourly cost of CO2 laser cutting machines is about 150-180 yuan.
How to maintain a laser cutting machine.
The price of a laser cutting machine is not low, ranging from hundreds of thousands to millions. Therefore, extending the service life of the laser cutting machine as much as possible can better save production costs and win greater benefits. It can be seen that the daily maintenance of laser cutting machines is very important. The following is mainly explained from six aspects:.
1. Replacement of circulating water and cleaning of water tank: Before operating the machine, ensure that the laser tube is filled with circulating water. The quality and temperature of circulating water directly affect the service life of laser tubes. Therefore, it is necessary to replace circulating water and regularly clean the water tank. This is best done once a week.
2. Fan cleaning: Long term use of the fan inside the machine can cause a large amount of solid dust to accumulate inside the fan, making the fan produce a lot of noise, which is not conducive to exhaust and deodorization. When the fan has insufficient air suction and poor smoke exhaust, it is necessary to clean the fan.
3. Lens cleaning: There will be some reflectors and focus lenses on the machine. The laser light is reflected and focused by these mirrors, and then emitted from the laser hair. Lens can easily become contaminated with dust or other contaminants, resulting in laser loss or lens damage. So wash your lenses every day.
Precautions during cleaning: 1. The lens should be lightly wiped and the surface coating should not be damaged. During the wiping process, handle with care to prevent falling. When installing the focus lens, be sure to keep the concave side downward.
Guide rail cleaning: Guide rails and linear shafts are one of the core components of the equipment, and their functions are to guide and support. In order to ensure a high machining accuracy of the machine tool, its guide rails and straight lines are required to have high guiding accuracy and good motion stability. During equipment operation, a large amount of corrosive dust and smoke will be generated during workpiece processing. Based on the large amount of long-term deposition of these fumes on the surface of the guide rail and linear shaft, this will have a significant impact on the processing accuracy of the equipment, and will form corrosion spots on the surface of the linear shaft of the guide rail, shortening the service life of the equipment. So clean the machine’s guide rails every half a month. Please turn off the machine before cleaning.
Fastening of screws and couplings: After a period of operation of the motion system, the screws and couplings at the motion joints will become loose, affecting the stability of mechanical motion. Therefore, it is necessary to observe the transmission components during machine operation. If there is no abnormal sound or phenomenon, and if problems are found, it is necessary to strengthen and maintain them in a timely manner. At the same time, after using the machine for a period of time, use tools to tighten the screws one by one. The first skin tightening should be about a month after the device is used.
VI Inspection of optical path: The optical path system of the machine is completed by the reflection of the mirror and the focusing of the focusing mirror. In the optical path, the focusing mirror does not have a deviation problem, but the three mirrors are fixed by the mechanical part, which has a high possibility of deviation. Although generally there is no deviation, it is recommended that the user check whether the optical path is normal before each work.
Source link: https://www.xtlaser.com/what-is-the-role-of-a-laser-cutting-machine/