Cutting is the most basic and widely used process in metalworking. Laser cutting is the technology of choice in the industry to perform such tasks as it offers many advantages over other methods.
Laser cutting has significant advantages over other metal cutting methods, offering precision and power and helping businesses to achieve results on an unprecedented scale. As an ever-evolving field, laser cutting is growing. It offers more and more benefits. The latest technology gives you the highest quality cutting at a fast and affordable price.
Advantages Of The Smart 1.5 Kw, 2 Kw, And 3 Kw Laser Cutting Machines
Engineers prefer laser cutting services because of the many benefits that come with them. The advantages of laser cutting are flexibility, precision, reproducibility, speed, economy, superior quality, non-contact cutting, versatility, automation potential, etc.
- FLEXIBLE: Highly reflective range suitable for a variety of materials, including metals and mild heavy steel. Compatible with round, square, and square tubes.
- PRECISION: Precision is one of the main advantages of laser cutting compared to other thermal cutting processes. +/-0.1 mm accuracy allows high accuracy without post-processing. In most cases, such high standards mean that no additional tolerances are required.
- REPEATABILITY: A repeatability of +/- 0.05mm makes the parts replicate each other fairly accurately.
- SPEEDY PROCESS: Laser cutting is much faster than traditional mechanical cutting methods. Especially in complex cuts. Compared to other thermal cutting methods, such as plasma cutting and flame cutting, the laser cuts faster down to a specific thickness of about 10 mm. However, the exact advantage comes down to the performance of the laser cutter.
- AUTOMATION: Modern laser cutting machines are highly automated and require very little manpower to operate. Experienced machinists still play a big role in the final quality, but the cutting speed and little manual labor required make it less expensive compared to other cutting methods. Many machines are equipped with feed systems and trailer belts. Of course, such a setup makes for a more expensive laser-cutting machine.
- QUALITY: With the right settings, the laser cutter leaves only a small burr, and in many cases, you don’t even need to remove the burr. Of course, it depends on the material, thickness, and other factors. Another advantage is the small heat-affected zone. Microstructures vary along the HAZ, so the narrower the HAZ, the more predictable and reliable the part.
- NON-CONTACT CUTTING: In laser cutting, only the beam touches the material. Therefore, there is no mechanical friction that can wear out the tool.
- VERSATILITY: This is probably one of the most important aspects of laser cutting size. Versatility manifests itself in two ways.
- PROFITABLE: Low running costs due to energy efficiency and also reduced maintenance because of energy-efficient technology.
- EASY TO USE: Single vision lens system with automatic nozzle changer. Easy-to-use programming software and operator interface from Prima Power make our product consumer-friendly, being very easy to use.
- MATERIAL SKILLS: FIBER LASER CUT VS. WATERJET CUTTING: Waterjet cutting is another metal-cutting solution. Until recently, there was no significant overlap between laser and waterjet cutting. Because historically, they have been used for different cutting processes depending on the profile of the metal. But today, fiber laser machines have entered the new waterjet industry, allowing them to cut parts that previously could only be cut with a waterjet. Our new laser technology can not only do it, but it can also do it faster and cheaper.
Laser cutting is suitable for many different materials. Among them are various metals, acrylics, MDF, wood, paper, etc. Machines can be configured for different tasks. Of course, the ability to cut some of these materials depends on the machine’s capabilities. Many laser cutters do more than just cut. Laser marking is another method of using these machines. Marking also has many uses in the manufacture of everyday items.
The standard laser cutting head cannot be used for welding, and the laser welding head cannot achieve the required cutting speed and quality for cutting. Some machines allow the head to be replaced if another operation needs to be performed. Combi heads are also being developed in the background, but due to various limitations, these are not yet widespread.
Finally, the technology is suitable for different profiles. Laser cutting can do the process from the box section to the open channel.