The handheld laser welding machine is a new generation of laser welding equipment, which belongs to non-contact welding. Its working principle is to directly irradiate a high-energy intensity laser beam on the surface of the material, and through the interaction between the laser and the material, The material is melted inside, and then cooled and crystallized to form a welding line.
Hand-held laser welding machine fills the gap in the laser equipment industry, subverts the traditional working mode of laser welding machine and replaces the previous fixed optical path with hand-held, which makes welding more flexible and convenient even with a long welding distance. It also makes possible that laser welding can be operated outdoors.
Hand-held welding is mainly aimed at laser welding of large workpieces in long distance by overcoming the limitations of the worktable’s space. The heat-affected area during welding is small, and it will not cause any deformation, blackening, and traces on the back. The welding depth is large as it’s fully melted. It can not only realize thermal conduction welding, but also continuous deep penetration welding, spot welding, butt welding, stitch welding, sealing welding, seam welding, etc. It has the advantages of simple operation, beautiful welding seam, fast welding speed, and no consumables. It can be perfect for welding thin stainless steel plates, iron plates, galvanized plates and other metal materials.
Comparison between handheld laser welding machine and argon arc welding
1. Energy consumption comparison: Compared with traditional arc welding, hand-held laser welding machine saves about 80%~90% of electric energy, and the processing cost can be reduced by about 30%.
2. Welding effect comparison: Laser hand-held welding can complete dissimilar steel and dissimilar metal welding. The speed is fast with small deformation thanks to the small heat-affected zone. The weld seam is beautiful, smooth, no/less porosity, with very little pollution. The handheld laser welding machine can be used for small open parts and precision welding.
3. Subsequent process comparison: low heat input during laser hand-held welding can do very small deformation of the workpiece. In the meantime, beautiful welding surface can be obtained, so no or only very simple treatment (depending on the requirements of the welding surface effect) is needed. The handheld laser welding machine can greatly reduce the labor cost of the huge polishing and leveling process.
Advantages of handheld laser welding machine
1. Wide welding range: The handheld welding head is equipped with 10m original optical fiber, which overcomes the limitation of the workbench space, and can be welded outdoors and used for long-distance welding;
2. Convenient and flexible operation: hand-held laser welding is equipped with movable wheels, which is easy for transportation and can adjust the working position at any time. It is flexible and suitable for various working scenarios.
3. A variety of welding methods: welding at any angle can be realized: overlap welding, butt welding, vertical welding, flat fillet welding, internal wire-filler welding, external wire-filler welding, etc., It can be used for various complex and large workpieces with irregular-shaped welding.
4. Good welding effect: Hand-held laser welding is thermal fusion welding. Compared with traditional welding, laser welding has a higher energy density and can achieve better welding results. The welding seam strength reaches or exceeds the base metal itself, which cannot be guaranteed by ordinary welding machines.
5. The welding seam does not need to be polished or ground: after traditional welding, the welding point needs to be polished to ensure smoothness. The hand-held laser welding can perform continuous welding, smooth and beautiful without any welding scars, which saves follow-up polishing procedures.
Application industries of handheld laser welding machine
It is mainly for the fixed position of large and medium-sized sheet metal, cabinets, chassis, aluminum alloy door and window frames, stainless steel sinks in kitchen and bathroom industry, home appliance industry, advertising industry, mold industry, stainless steel products industry, stainless steel engineering industry, doors and windows industry, handicraft industry, household goods industry, furniture industry, auto parts industry, etc.
If you are interested in our hand-held laser welder, feel free to contact us.
Source link: https://www.sfcnclaser.com/Advantages-and-Application-of-Hand-held-Laser-Welding-Machine-id3230808.html